Friday 16 September 2011

Crayola Bug Rocks

Rachel was given the Bug Rocks project kit by Crayola for her birthday.  

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She was thrilled because we've given the kit to other people as presents but she's never had one herself.

I managed to convince her not to try it after Beavers last night, so she made a beeline for it straight after school today.  She was so excited to find out what was inside, there were:
- 4 rocks
- yellow, red, pink and black pens
- decoration stickers
- feet, wings, antennae and eyes
- a game board with dice

After an hour of designing, colouring, sticking and perfecting Rachel had created her own bug rock

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Rachel gives the kit 10/10.

And me; I'm thrilled that it's as good as I hoped when I gave it to other kids.  But mostly I'm loving the fact that this quite prescriptive craft kit inspired Rachel to create her own bug rock baby with a smaller rock she had and the pens in the kit.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Great kit and fabulous inspiration.
9/10.

No comments: