Thursday 17 February 2011

Blue Peter inspires us for Comic Relief 2011



Rachel and I were watching Blue Peter today and they were talking about Helen Skelton's latest challenger for Comic Relief; this year it is high wire walking!!

Rachel was blown away and really interested in the way kids can do things to raise money for charity, especially for kids in Africa. I asked her if she'd like to do anything and she's come up with a great plan.

We are going to have a sponsored cake baking and decorating event and then a cake sale, with all money raised going to Comic Relief 2011.

The thing is Rachel is a child of the 21st century, a child of love; and she sees bigger than I ever did at her age. For her it is great that we are doing something, but she says she's going to ask all her friends to join in and also said "if you put it on your blog and tweet it then lots of people you know can do it too!"

wow!
she's 5 and she knows "tweet" as a verb
she's aware that blogging something means people read it
she really thinks she can get people to join her

I'm not sure, I'm worried she'll get her hopes up.... BUT maybe I should have her faith and go with it.

So are you and your kids tempted?
will you join in her plan to have sponsored cake bakes and sales around the country?
I can't tell you how much I'd love it if her faith was proven true!
How amazing would it be to spread Rachel's idea around the UK; blog it, tweet it, facebook it and raise loads of money for Comic Relief 2011. who's in?

THE PLAN
Everyone who wants to take part will bake cakes of any shape, size or form on Wednesday 16th March 2011.
You get sponsored for how many cakes you can make in the day.
Then you take these cakes to people and sell them, collecting money for Red Nose Day.
Sounds easy, is easy, could raise lots of money, will make a difference!

Here is Rachels RND URL - http://my.rednoseday.com/Rachelscakes
And join her Team at URL - http://my.rednoseday.com/RachelsCakebake

For more about Helen's challenger visit here

For more about the comic relief campaign academy of fun through BBC kids visit here

1 comment:

geekmummy said...

Good for you Rachel! I have sponsored you :)