Since Rachel has started school I value the school holidays above all else; quality time with Rachel, just the two of us or as a family, unconstrained and able to do whatever we fancy.
So this half term we had a three part plan:
1. Daddy day and then family Cinema trip the first weekend
2. Rachel and I up to Rochdale to visit granny and grandad who always lavish attention on her
3. All three of us to the flat for seaside fun, chillaxing and visiting cousins
Lucky little girl I might hear you say, and yes I'd agree, so let's see how it went.
- baked cakes with daddy "they didn't turned out as well as they would with you mummy" and made pizza with daddy "totally yummy"
- played domino rally with daddy "he wouldn't let me do my choices"
- and when I got back it looked like daddy was being used as a surf board
- cinema trip to Gnomeo and Juliet - big hit (see review here )
Off to granny and granddads, and she was an absolute star in the car for five hours! We went out to eat, played at the playground, painted, read stories, played on granddads iPad and generally had a great time.
We went down to the new forest flat by the seaside, our bolt hole.
We walked along the cliff top and took photos
Went to the beach
Had ice creams in the sun
Dressed up as a cat
Made alien shrinkies
Drew pictures of ourselves
But after 2 days we had bored her back to her DS.
Oh well, the lesson that this half term holiday has taught us is that we can provide all the fun and entertainment in the world, but in the end we are as nothing when compared to the amazing joy of a DS or an iPad. We will keep trying though!!!
PS - Rachel just said "I love our the holiday, its brilllliant spending all this time with you.". Looks like we did ok.