Thursday 11 August 2011

The Smurfs in 3D

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I loved the smurfs as a kid, especially clumsy, he just made me smile.  But when I saw the trailer for the Smurfs in 3D I was not thrilled, it just couldn't be as good as I remembered the series; and I hate it when good memories get spoiled by remakes.

But Rachel wanted to see it and the weather had cancelled our picnic in the park plan, so off we went.

From the first minute I was enthralled, the little blue guys were even more fabulous than I remembered.  The singing was as annoying, the mushrooms as colourful, clumsy as clumsy.  Better still was Gargomel and his cat, perfect evil villains.

I was worried when suddenly the movie moved location to New York, it had the potential to die; but it didn't.  In fact the combination of smurftastic crazyness and the human story was endearing and heartwarming.

I did not expect to like this movie, but I did; it was entertaining.

The downside; the 3D was not great and I wish we could have seen it in 2D and spent less on the tickets.

All in all; 9/10.

And Rachel gave it 10/10; she loved every second of it. 

No comments: