Saturday 16 July 2011

Birthday party planning - the cakes

I always get unbelievably nervous about the cake.  I could just buy one, but on Rachel's first birthday I told myself that making a cake is a sign of love.  So now not only am I a bit stuck in my own trap, but Rachel has come to expect something of her own choosing made by me.

This year she wanted a piano.  I was filled with dread inside but agreed with a smile.  I drew a template out and had a picture in my mind of how it would be.  The only problem then was pulling it off.  However now it's made I'm pretty proud of myself, and Rachel's reaction was priceless 

"mummy it's amazing and perfect, I love it!"

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

For posterity here are the previous years' cakes, the only cakes I've ever made and decorated.

5th - rainbow - not my finest
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

4th - tinkerbell Island - I was impressed
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

3rd - mr bump - I loved this one
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2nd - fifi - with help from a topper
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

1st - teddy bear - I was amazed I did it
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos


This is part of the birthday planning series of posts, for more visit http://majorloveoffilm.blogspot.com/2011/06/birthday-party-planning-introduction.html

2 comments:

Tinuke B said...

love it! I am not brave enough to make my own birthday cakes even though I love to bake! They would taste great but look like a three year od had decorated them lol.

davispigeon said...

very well done with the piano cake, Emma! I'm impressed. wish I could attend one of R's fab b-day parties but alas, CA is much too far.