Monday 13 June 2011

Birthday Party Planning - Invitations

This is the third part of the series on Birthday Party Planning which started with the introduction. This post discusses party invitations.

I adore hand designed and hand made and personalised party invitations. I just like the way they stand out from the crowd and bring me a promise of a special party. So you won't be surprised that apart from one year I have had personalised invitations for Rachel's birthday parties.

Teddy Bears Picnic

Fifi Party

Painting Party

Tinkerbell Disco


Crafty Party

And here is this years' invite, to the High School Musical Party.


If I have inspired you to create your own invitations here are some lessons I've learned:
1 - have all important information on one side
2 - make sure the date, time and venue are very obvious
3 - make it look fun so the kids get excited to receive them
4 - include the RSVP system; it's hard enough to get people to reply even if you've told them how to do so.

No comments: