Thursday 9 June 2011

Sharpay's fabulous adventure

This Disney film from 2011 was advertised obscenely by the Disney Channel.  After 10 heavy hints by Rachel I had to admit defeat at the hands of disney and their power over  five year olds girls.  And today was the day when we watched....

Sharpay's fabulous adventure

I'm assuming you're starting with knowledge of Sharpay herself? 
If not here she is with her dog Boi.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

She's the spoiled little rich girl with a good heart deep inside, from the High School Musical Films.

The plot is straight forward, summed up by "Team Sharpay; Mission New York".  

Sharpay (Ashley Tisdale) goes to New York to audition for a Broadway Show.  There she moves into a run down apartment in the same building as her mum's friend's son Peyton (Austin Butler).  He supports and films her on her adventure through her dream to become a star.  

Of course nothing goes exactly as planned; for one thing Boi is the star to be auditioned.

My review:
I was surprisingly impressed by this film.  It just goes to show what Disney money and talent can achieve.  And it has to be said that the acting is better than I expected.  I'd almost go so far as to say "it works".

The high point for me; the audition song "Me and my Boi"; fab-u-lous.

8/10

Rachel's review
I enjoyed this film but only in the middle good, not as good as high school musical.  My favourite bit was when Sharpay got stuck in her bed.  I'd like to watch it again.

Thumbs up
9/10

No comments: